UCR HEP Logo
The UCR Particle Theory logo combines a few elements:
- The 2020 UCR logo and color palette. Admittedly using the UCR logo this way is against the suggested brand usage.
- A bear outline. Scottie the bear is the UCR mascot and a California grizzly is a prominent part of the California flag. \
- The Keck telescopes represent the interdisciplinary nature of particle physics, especially the nod towards particle astrophysics.
- A gray slice which is reminiscent of the “cosmic pie chart” for the energy density of the universe. The slice represents the matter component of the universe that is dominated by dark matter.
- A stylized Feynman vertex. The vertex itself represents particle physics and the flow towards the bottom of the logo represents the Santa Ana river—the ‘river’ from which Riverside derives its name.
My original design of the logo in 2016 had the older UCR brand mark and the lighter color palette: